Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for a confident, passionate, patient and empathetic Customer Service Representative to provide insightful and helpful product/service information to customers and resolve emerging problems efficiently and accurately. This individual must be knowledgeable on printing, finishing and binding processes, paper, ink and other materials as well as possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receive all questions and concerns from external and internal customers. Provide solutions to problems.
- Receive, sort and prepare a checklist for all customer materials. Determine date of availability for any missing materials.
- Generate quotes and break out fixed and variable costs. Review and edit quotes to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure customer supplied components are available on time to meet assembly schedule.
- Generate purchase orders for customer supplied components and as required.
- Attend scheduling meetings and communicate with co-workers the status of jobs, any unique circumstances relating to jobs, etc.
- Prepare shipping papers.
- Serve as a back-up to other CSRs.
- Check samples to ensure accurate final product. Request any necessary changes.
- Send proofs to customers and receive them upon return.
- Maintain or reduce costs associated with assigned accounts.
- Maintain or increase sales revenues for assigned accounts by providing and ensuring exceptional service.
- Approve invoices and customer allowances.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.Tech, other print-related degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a customer service representative
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Knowledgeable on printing, finishing and binding processes, paper, ink and other materials.
- Must be willing to learn and understand the company processes and procedures and have the ability to effectively explain to customers
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills