Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for a self-starting and hard working Direct Mail Data Specialist to manage client mailing lists and implement mailing campaigns. The chosen individual must have strong analytical skills as well as be data-driven, detail-oriented, creative and be able to manage and maintain client relations. We are looking for a team player that will work well with our graphic designers and other marketing strategists during the process of creating and executing direct mail campaigns.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage contacts, update mailing lists and communicate directly with clients
- Enact advertising campaigns with graphic designers
- Process and prep customer files for mailings
- File reformatting
- Reviews work outputs for accuracy
- Merge/purge routines * NCOA (National Change Of Address)
- Prepare databases for inkjet printing or for high speed variable printing
- Variable data layout and other specialized outputs needed for mailing
- Craft and strategize personalized variable data print campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of a mailing campaign, ensuring that consumers and businesses positively respond to their efforts
- Write reports on campaign results
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BBA( Marketing preffered), B.Tech, other marketing or print-related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Direct Mail Data Specialist or other related postion.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of variable data printing, its inner workings and associated strategies
- USPS pre-sort software knowledge (BCC Mail Manager)
- Experience using database technologies such as MS WORD, EXCEL, Access, Adobe and PrintShop Mail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented, data-driven and posess strong analytical skills