Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
You are an experienced, self-motivated, organized, creative, accurate and detail-oriented individual with sheet fed production knowledge. Your colleagues consider you to be a true professional and a team player with a customer orientation. You thrive in a fast paced environment. You possess a strong understanding of prepress (CTP), large and small offset presses, die cutting, bindery, paper and outsourcing. You are computer literate with an astute analytical ability (i.e. job costing). You welcome the challenge of approaching job specifications from multiple perspectives.
If you are this amazing individual and you think that we are a good fit from what you see on our web site, send us your resume and compensation expectations in complete and utter confidence, by using the apply for this job link on the right.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analytical ability to produce job estimates or quotations for all printing projects
- Desire to be challenged by approaching job specifications from multiple perspectives
- Determine the most productive, efficient and cost-effective technologies to use for product printing, embellishment and finishing
- Prepare and source information to generate customer quotation
- Attend meetings with customers, as required, to discuss the design and development or new products in relation to order engineering and estimating requirements
- Work with customer supplied hard media or electronic files to create specifications for substrates(s), dies, embellishments (including offset, hot stamp and embossing) and finishes required for manufacturing processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 5 years estimating experience and/or 3 years graphics experience in the custom printing/packaging industry
- Working knowledge of digital and conventional printing processes
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong, written and verbal communication
- Comfortable and experienced with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Ability to see tasks all the way through to completion with diligent follow ups
- Strong analytical skills, able to see connections in data and historical trends
- Custom databases
- ERP software
- Automated workflows
- Knowledge of Macintosh computer operating system, Adobe and other industry graphics software would be an asset