Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Plant Manager to assist the Plant Manager oversee staff and production as well as ensure the plant’s successful operation.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist Plant Manager in organizing and managing day-to-day activities for plant operations.
- Manage a team of workers in achieving daily production goals.
- Coordinate with Plant Manager in resolving plant issues in a timely manner.
- Provide training and guidance to workers to meet performance standards.
- Determine resource requirements, work allocation and production deadlines to achieve production objectives.
- Ensure materials, supplies and equipment are readily and continuously available for workers to carry out production process.
- Implement continuous plant improvements for increased productivity and scrap reduction.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives to minimize plant and labor expenditures.
- Optimize plant operations to meet quality and production standards.
- Maintain work area clean, safe and organized for workers.
- Set overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations.
- Ensure plant compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Schedule routine inspection and maintenance of plant equipment to prevent machine downtime.
- Schedule and supervise plant operations to meet production requirements in timely and cost-effective manner
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.Tech or other printing/manufacturing related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proven managerial experience and work experience as an assistant plant manager
- Excellent skills in short and long term planning for labor, materials, equipment capacities, and overall facility capacities
- Strong leadership skills, dedication to build a strong team and have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and have the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to oversee plant operations, maintenance, policies, procedures & production goals
- Technically sound in the following areas: sheetfed and web printing, digital sheetfed and web printing, binding, stitching and inserting equipment