Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
The entry level bindery helper and shipping coordinator position is an entry-level, warehouse position at Newprint. The position is great place to learn our business, from the ground floor up. As a bindery helper and shipping coordinator you are responsible for packing our products and work on various warehouse duties. We operate in a fast-paced manufacturing production warehouse environment. Applicants do not require print experience. Bindery helpers and shipping coordinators will be trained in different tasks within our production warehouse and be able to move into different areas within our production over time. This is truly an opportunity for someone looking to launch a career.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, record keeping purposes.
- Handle/manage special instructions/orders on demand.
- Store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Move received goods to inventory or to dispatch areas.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of vehicles.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping.
- Always have required materials on hand, organized and replenished (boxes, tape guns, filling, chipboard dividers, and markers).
- Safely shelve finished goods as required.
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of safety hazards.
- Report any and all workplace hazards to management immediately.
- Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Report all work related injuries, illnesses, and/or near misses to management immediately.
- Keep all work area/station in compliance with our housekeeping guidelines.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, such as keeping floors swept and absent of debris that may be a work hazard.
* Training will also be provided *
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Able to communicate effectively with other employees.
- Able to read packing labels/stickers/job tickets and customer specifications.
- Willing to be cross trained in the work of other departments/equipment.
- Team Player – stays to get the job done.
- Punctual and reliable attendance.
- Happy to work shifts.
- The employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, as well as walk frequently; use foot/feet to operate machines, and talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Working on job assignments in other manufacturing areas as instructed.
- Must be over the age of 25 and have a valid drivers license.