Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for a skilled Human Resources Clerk to help compile and maintain employee records, aid with the daily administrative operations of the human resource department and interact with employees, management and other business associates.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicate information timely and accurately to employees, as requested thru daily emails, calls, or direct employee visits.
- Assist in tracking employee attendance issues or behavior problems
- Conduct employee orientations, including preparation of content and orientation packets
- Process new hire, status change and termination paperwork
- Issue company logo work garments to employees (shirts, jackets, sweaters, hats, etc.). Maintain inventory of company logo work garments
- Prepare and maintain employee files. File papers and documents into appropriate employee files; perform paper and system audits as necessary
- Administer and communicate the benefit programs to eligible employees. Track eligibility and respond to benefit inquiries from employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Assist with open enrollment process
- Provide necessary reports for allocation/billing charges. Reconciles credits/adjustments from the monthly statements
- Conduct Criminal and Employment Verification background checks for prospective employees
- Assist in the clerical maintenance of data bases and manual filing systems
- Places orders and maintains inventory for office/janitorial supplies. Researches supply vendors for best pricing, quantity and quality
- Other HR related administrative tasks as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience may be substituted for the education.
- 1 to 2 years experience in Human Resources administration.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Excel, Paychecx Payroll System and MS Office products.
- Data entry experience.
- Well developed team skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.