Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
As a Print and Design Sales Representative, you will be responsible for creating a positive printing experience for all customers by providing outstanding service. We will of course train you on our specific products, services, and abilities, but previous print sales experience is definitely an asset. To be able to prospect new customers and recommend the best solutions based on the client’s needs is your main goal. You must also set expectations consistent with and in support of Newprint’s goals as well as manage, coach, and counsel performance to meet or exceed those expectations.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers or talks with customers by phone from beginning to end
- Assists clients or prospective clients in evaluating current processes
- Manages RFP process and coordinates internal resources to develop quote prices and credit terms
- Develops and delivers presentations, conducts facility tours
- Assists in developing and implementing the contract process.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with the Client Project Group and Account Support department to keep account activities and customer expectations met.
- Maintains contact management database
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
- Investigates and resolves customer problems
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of B.T. or B.A. Highly motivated, self-starter who aspires for success (not just monetary rewards).
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience from service oriented background.
- High degree of organization required in order to manage internal and external clients.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Must possess strong project management and presentation skills.
- Some IT background (Google Apps, Gmail, Excel, Word, Sugar CRM).
- Ability to sell to customers at all levels, from Senior Executives to ground floor.